Meet the boys of Boyzone


At first I didn't know that these guys were gonna take a concert in Jakarta. My sister in-law told me that they'd be holding a show at May 22 this year. Boyzone is one of my favorite boybands when I was a teenager. I looked for the tickets but it turned out we run out of presale tickets (yea off course, you were late to know the news as well so yeah) so I had to look at kaskus forum to get the tickets. Luckily I found the buyer who sold the tickets as affordable as the presale ones. Yeayy!!

I went to the Istora Senayan at 6.30 pm. The crowds were already flooding. It is funny since the audience who watched the concerts share the same age with us hahaha. Probably they also wanted to reminisce good old days as we did when they were in the 90s. We already got into the venue at 7 pm and the show started soon.

Boyzone brought several new songs and many old songs as well. The show went into sorrow when they sang several songs that were sung together with the late Stephen Gately. Unlike their golden era where Ronan Keating dominated most of the singing parts, now they share equal parts of singing. They brought like 22 songs, including 2 of Ronan’s hits Life is a Roller Coaster and When You Say Nothing at All. I, and probably most of the audience just couldn't go back to the reality that we missed those good old days in the 90s after attending this very concert. I rate this show 7.5 out of 10 since they still maintain good vocals and are still solid.

 me and sister in-law


Setlist:
Love Is a Hurricane
Picture of You
Love You Anyway
Baby Can I Hold You (Tracy Chapman cover) 
Everything I Own  (Bread cover) 
Ruby
Words (Bee Gees cover)
You Needed Me (Anne Murray cover)
When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going (Billy Ocean cover) 
Gave It All Away
Every Day I Love You
When You Say Nothing at All (Keith Whitley cover)
The Tracks of My Tears (The Miracles cover) 
Reach Out (Four Tops cover) 
You Can't Hurry Love (The Supremes cover) 
No Matter What
If We Try
Love Will Save The Day
Who We Are

Encore:
A Different Beat
Love Me for a Reason (The Osmonds cover)
Life Is a Rollercoaster (Ronan Keating song)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 I AM THE MOB. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy